30 January 2023
There are currently only two Emirates that mandate
employer-provided health insurance coverage; Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
In Abu Dhabi, the Law No (23) of 2005 Concerning Health Insurance
in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi and the Implementing Regulation (the
"ADHIL") makes it mandatory for employers in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi
to provide health insurance coverage to all of their employees and
corresponding family members. This is provided in Article 5 of the ADHIL.
Who should the health insurance cover?
Employees and their dependents
Exceptions from the insurance agreement
Insurance companies can abstain from providing the payments for
your treatments based on many cases that can occur, here are a few of them:
• Injuries’ during intoxication (drugs- alcohol)
• Injuries during a natural disaster (earthquakes)
• Work-related injuries
• Any treatment not prescribed by a doctor
• Injuries from criminal acts
• Pandemics-related treatments
• HIV patients and all other excluded illnesses
Call us Today